What are some popular father-daughter dance song ideas?
The father-daughter dance at your wedding reception
should match your relationship with your dad and both of your personalities.
If you’re all about the classics, you can never go wrong with these timeless tunes:
- "My Girl" by The Temptations
- "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" by Maurice Chevalier
- "Just the Way You Are" by Billy Joel
- "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole
- "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler
If you’re a country-loving pair, go with something from that genre:
- "Butterfly Kisses" by Raybon Brothers
- "Then They Do" by Trace Adkins
- "There You'll Be" by Faith Hill
- "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride
- "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack
If you’re dad loves rock, give a nod to his taste:
- “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith
- Sheryl Crow’s version of “Sweet Child o' Mine”
- “Thank You” by Led Zeppelin
- “Dancin’ on Daddy's Shoes” by Leon Redbone
- “I'll Stand by You” The Pretenders
If you’re both jokesters, start out with a classic song then switch into something like “White Wedding” or a popular hip-hop song.