What should I ask my DJ before I sign a contract?
First, make sure your band or DJ isn’t working any other wedding receptions
or events that evening. (You don’t want them to rush if they’ve double-booked.) Here’s a list of things you should ask before signing that contract to make sure you get the most out of your wedding music.
- How often and how long will their breaks be?
- What will be playing while they take a break?
- Is there a travel time fee or music-between-breaks fee?
- Are there any other costs not included in the initial quote?
- What will the band members or DJ wear the night of the wedding?
- Is the band or DJ willing to play overtime if desired? If so, what’s the cost?
- What does the cancellation policy entail?
- Will the same musicians you heard (on CD or live) be present?
- Will the band or DJ take requests from guests?
- Do they sing in other languages?